How to Enable Direct Deposit on Cash App
Cash App by Square was initially started as a peer-to-peer payments app that enabled a person to send and receive payments directly from friends and family without having to use cash. However, the Cash App has now upgraded its features and allows its users to have a debit card known as Cash Card and now users can also deposit their paychecks directly to their Cash App account.
To enjoy this feature on Cash App you need to order Cash App debit card or Cash Card. without a Cash Card, you will not be able to use the direct deposit feature on your Cash App.
How to Set Up Direct Deposit On Cash App
First of all, you need to find the routing and account number linked to your Cash App account and then giving it to your employer to enjoy a simple and hassle-free paycheck direct deposit on the Cash App.
Here are some simple steps to get direct deposit on the Cash App:
Step 1- Launch the Cash App on your iPhone or Android.
Step 2- Tap on the “My Cash” tab indicated by a dollar symbol on the bottom left corner of the screen.
Step 3- Now select the “Cash” button.
Step 4- Come down to the “Direct Deposit” option and tap on “Get Account Number”.
Step 5- Now a pop-up screen will appear. Tap “Enable Account”.
Step 6- Now tap on “Copy Account Details” on the next screen.
Step 7- Tap on “Copy Routing Number” to copy it directly to your clipboard and then paste it to any messenger or email to send it to your employer.
Does Cash App Direct Deposit Early
Direct deposits on Cash App from an employer or any other ACH sender may take up to 1-5 business days to reflect in your Cash App account.
However, you should immediately contact the Cash App customer service if your deposit has not arrived even after 5 business days of the day of paycheck deposit. There may be some mistake in filling up the routing number by the sender.
Benefits Of Cash App Direct Deposit
With the launch of a direct deposit on Cash App, people are wondering if this is beneficial for them or not. Cash App direct deposit bank acts as any traditional bank but has more benefits compared to them.
Lest’s discuss some Cash App direct deposit benefits here:
- It acts almost like any traditional bank and allows you to get paychecks deposited directly to your Cash App account.
- You don’t need to pay any fee for the deposits.
- You just need to provide your Cash App account number and routing number to your employer to get your paychecks deposited to your account.
- The younger generation who are still to open an account on a traditional bank can opt for this option if they get their new job. They can totally rely on the Cash App for their paychecks.
- The money is deposited directly to your Cash App account that can be withdrawn from your Cash Card, used to pay your friends and family, transferred to your traditional bank account or even used to buy bitcoins.
- It is useful for those people who stay in underserved areas or those who are sick of paying extra feed to the traditional banks.
- Cash App sends you notifications each and every time your account receives a deposit. So you stay informed about all your transactions.
- There are no charges for this service.
You can set up your direct deposit just by sharing your routing code and cash app account number with your employer, there is no need for the bank account but you must have a valid cash card.
Direct deposit takes 2-5 business days to be credited in your account. The receiver gets a notification when direct deposit hit their account.